Leadership Coaching Resources and Exercises
1. Insights Discovery & Colour Energies in Leadership
What does “Leading from the Front” mean for you?
- Can you identify a situation where you feel you might be leading below the line?
- What do you need to do differently to move to leading above the line?
- Use the obstacle analysis grid to identify critical obstacles to address and inner thoughts of “I can’t…”.
Remember we have all four colour energies within us. Good leadership includes agility (adaptability) – identify situations where you have used each of the four colour energies in your leadership.
- What are the three most important dimensions for you now?
- What is your area of greatest strength?
- Which area do you most need to develop?
- Which area is most relevant for you at the moment?
- Which recommendations in your profile appeal to you most?
- How would you action them?
2. Supporting your Team
3. Personal Leadership
Values are a set of standards that determine what is important to you. Looking at your values can help lay the foundations for considering your career choices. There are no wrong or right answers; your values are what matter to you.
Complete the values exercise to align personal and organisational values.
Get to Know Your Strengths:
The VIA Survey of Character Strengths is a free self-assessment that takes less than 15 minutes and provides a wealth of information to help you understand your best qualities. VIA Reports provide personalized, in-depth analysis of your free results, including actionable tips to apply your strengths to find greater well-being.
Further resources and reading
What it takes to lead through an era of exponential change.
In 2020, the COVID pandemic changed the way businesses operated. And it remains in flux today. This Harvard Business Review article, written in October 2020, talks about leadership during periods of exponential change and it remains relevant today.
The six-step guide to transformational leadership.
The Insights Discovery Model includes a Transformational Leadership Model. This e-book describes six essential qualities of transformational leaders in times of crisis, although they are great day-to-day leadership qualities as well!